Ethics in Human Science
The official list of TOK ethics in human science questions.
- To what extent are the methods used in the human sciences limited by the ethical considerations involved in studying human beings?
- Do researchers have different ethical responsibilities when they are working with human subjects compared to when they are working with animals?
- What are the moral implications of possessing knowledge about human behaviour?
- Should key events in the historical development of the human sciences always be judged by the standards of their time?
- What values determine what counts as legitimate inquiry in the human sciences? Can knowledge be divorced from the values embedded in the process of creating it?
- Is the role of the human scientist only to describe what the case is or also to make judgements about what should be the case?