Ethics in Natural Science
The official list of TOK ethics in human science questions.
- Is science, or should it be, value-free?
- Should scientific research be subject to ethical constraints or is the pursuit of all scientific knowledge intrinsically worthwhile?
- Do we tend to exaggerate the objectivity of scientific facts and the subjectivity of moral values?
- In what ways have developments in science challenged long-held ethical values? Can moral disagreements be resolved with reference to empirical evidence?
- Do human rights exist in the same way that the laws of gravity exist?
- Do scientists or the societies in which scientists operate exert a greater influence on what is ethically acceptable in this area of knowledge?