Ethics in Language
The official list of TOK ethics in language questions.
- How might technology exacerbate or mitigate unequal access, and divides in our access, to knowledge?
- Does the existence of the deep web influence our view on whether some knowledge should remain secret or largely inaccessible?
- Should we hold people responsible for the applications of technologies they develop/create?
- Are there situations where ignorance/lack of knowledge is an excuse for unethical behaviour?
- On what criteria could we decide whether activities such as “hacktivism” are morally justifiable? To what extent have technological developments led to an increase in data being collected without people’s consent or when they are unaware that it is being collected?