Scope in Maths
The official list of TOK scope in maths questions.
- Why is mathematics so important in other areas of knowledge, particularly the natural sciences?
- How have technological innovations, such as developments in computing, affected the scope and nature of mathematics as an area of knowledge?
- Is absolute certainty attainable in mathematics?
- Is there a distinction between truth and certainty in mathematics?
- Should mathematics be defined as a language?
- Is mathematics better defined by its subject matter or its method?
- Does mathematics only yield knowledge about the real world when it is combined with other areas of knowledge?
- Is there a hierarchy of areas of knowledge in terms of their usefulness in solving problems?