Scope in Human Science
The official list of TOK scope in human sciences questions.
- How do we decide whether a particular discipline should be regarded as a human science?
- Do the human sciences and literature provide different types of knowledge about human existence and behaviour?
- Are predictions in the human sciences inevitably unreliable?
- What are the main difficulties that human scientists encounter when trying to provide explanations of human behaviour?
- Is human behaviour too unpredictable to study scientifically?
- Do the boundaries between different disciplines and different areas of knowledge help or hinder understanding?
- Is it possible to discover laws of human behaviour in the same way that the natural sciences discover laws of nature?