Scope in Natural Science
The official list of TOK scope in natural science questions.
- Why might some people regard science as the supreme form of all knowledge?
- Should the natural sciences be regarded as a body of knowledge, a system of knowledge or a method?
- Could there be scientific problems that are currently unknown because the technology needed to reveal them doesn’t exist yet?
- Is human knowledge confined to what the natural sciences discover, or are there other important inquiries that are not covered by the natural sciences?
- What knowledge, if any, is likely to always remain beyond the capabilities of science to investigate or verify?
- Do the natural sciences rely on any assumptions that are themselves unprovable by science?
- Is prediction the primary purpose of scientific knowledge?
- How might developments in scientific knowledge trigger political controversies or controversies in other areas of knowledge?