Ethics in politics
The official list of TOK ethics in arts questions.
- Are political judgments a type of moral judgment?
- Can knowledge be divorced from the values embedded in the process of creating it?
- Do political leaders and officials have different ethical obligations and responsibilities compared to members of the general public?
- When the moral codes of individual nations conflict, can political organizations, such as the United Nations (UN), provide universal criteria that transcend them?
- On what criteria could we judge whether an action should be regarded as justifiable civil disobedience?
- On what grounds might an individual believe that they know what is right for others?
- Are new ethical challenges emerging from the increased use of data analytics in political activity and decision-making?