Scope in the Arts
The official list of TOK scope in the arts questions.
- Do the disciplines in the arts diverge from one another more fundamentally than disciplines within other areas of knowledge?
- Does new knowledge in the arts always build on what is already known?
- How have new technologies changed the nature and scope of the arts as an area of knowledge?
- Are the arts best seen as a system of knowledge, a type of knowledge or a means of expressing knowledge?
- Is artistic knowledge something that cannot be expressed in any other way?
- Is the relationship between “knowing how” and “knowing that” different in the arts compared to other areas of knowledge? Does art enlarge what it is possible for us to think and know?